New South Wales Department of Primary Industry (NSW DPI) Fisheries department are usually in charge of keeping our waterways safe and making sure that fish habitats are left healthy after fishing.
Instead of patrolling and handing out fees those busted illegal fishing they’ll be hosting their inaugural “Go Fishing NSW” Day across six locations across NSW on Sunday December 6 2015.
It promises to be a great day out for the whole family whether you’re a bunch of experienced fishers or just trying it out for the first time. The day will also help NSW DPI promote the role commercial fishers play in the industry and to outline the cultural significance our fishing resources are to Indigenous people.
- Fishing sessions for beginners
- Free goodie bags
- Casting competitions
- NSW DPI Displays
- Seafood Tastings at Coffs Harbour, Kurnell & Nowra
- Free hatchery tours at inland locations
- Kurnell, Sydney, Kamay Botany Bay National Park (at end of Captain Cook Drive)
- Nowra, Greys Beach on Shoalhaven River (Fairway Drive)
- Coffs Harbour, Boambee Creek Reserve
- Narrandera Fisheries Centre, Narrandera (Buckingbong Drive)
- Jindabyne, Gaden Trout Hatchery (off Kosciuszko Road)
- Ebor, Dutton Trout Hatchery (Point lookout Road)
It doesn’t matter if you can’t get to one of these destinations, just head out on your boat and make your own fun at your favourite fishing spot.